Burst firingmode consists of supplying a series of whole mains cycles to the load.
The load power is proportional to the ratio of the firing time (TF) to the modulation time
(TM). The OFF time (TNF) is also a series of whole mains cycles.
TM = TF + TNF
The period of modulation is variable according to the output power demand.
• At 50% of nominal power the thyristors are on for 300ms ±100ms and are off for 300ms ±100ms (at 50 Hz)
• For a setpoint less than 50%, the non-firing period increases, and the firing period is fixed (300ms ±100ms)
• For a setpoint greater than 50%, the firing period increases, and it is the non-firing period which is fixed (300ms ±100ms)
The mode of firing with only one firing or non-firing mains cycle is called Single-cycle.
• At 50% of nominal power the thyristors are on for 20ms and are off for 20ms (at 50Hz)
• For a setpoint less than 50% the non-firing period increases and the firing period is fixed at 20ms
• For a setpoint greater than 50% the firing period increases and it is the non-firing period which is fixed at 20ms.
Copyright 1996-2002 WINLING Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.
Best view with 800 x 600 resolution & 16.7 million colors.